January is all about starting fresh and regaining a new sense of empowerment – new year, better you! Along with New Year’s resolutions, let’s add brushing up on dental hygiene to our list of to-dos. After all, good health starts in the mouth. Not only does good hygiene help with the prevention of certain diseases, it also helps with your confidence. Did you know having a great smile increases your odds of job offers and promotions? It’s true! At Midland Family Dental, we know a thing or two about radiant smiles. So, let us help you make the most of your fresh start.
Here’s to making 2018 the year we take our health seriously. Here are some helpful tips that will help you ring in the new year in a positive and healthy light.
1. Find a brushing technique that works for you
2. Pick out a comfortable brush that gets the job done
3. Brush enough – twice a day is great!
4. Use a toothpaste with an ADA seal of approval – not all pastes are created equal
5. Floss and mouthwash are not optional accessories – use them frequently and often
6. Don’t cover your toothbrush after use – let it breathe
7. Bad breath? Invest in a tongue scraper and a good oral rinse
8. Keep midnight snacking at bay
9. Make and keep your hygiene appointments for 2018
10. Ask your dentist questions